Obituary Project Data Entry Volunteer
Microsoft Access database entry
Activity is part of the Reference and Information Services section of the library and concerns the on-going local history project.
- Accurately copying selected obituary information from the print copies of the Post Crescent on to a form.
- Typing the selected information into a database and maintaining the currency of the online obituary index.
- Copying selected other indexed materials from the Post Crescent for binders and the library scrapbook.
- Ages: 18 and up.
- Good eyesight and handwriting.
- Familiarity with using Windows; a basic understanding of MS Office and the ability to learn microcomputer procedures quickly.
- Familiarity with photocopiers.
- Ability to alphabetize.
- Ability to work independently with creativity.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all library staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Hours are flexible during daily open library hours.
Send a Question or Comment to Appleton Public Library.