Over 13,000 popular and classic comic book titles.
- Access through your web browser on any computer, tablet or smart phone with an internet connection
- Browse by Genre, Publisher, Comic, and instantly checkout your favorites
- No holds or waiting – all comics are available whenever you want them
Formerly NetLibrary, eBook Collection by EBSCOhost gives you online access to select titles. However, unlike NetLibrary, titles can be downloaded and moved to an eReader; the collection also includes audiobooks (similar to Overdrive)
(formerly known as 'Learn-a-Test') Practice tests and study aides on a variety of topics. Also includes basic reading, writing, and math skills improvement for school children and adults. You will need your Library card number.
- LearningExpress Adult Learning Center: a collection of web-based test preparation tools for the GED® and U.S. citizenship tests as well as skill-building materials for adults, covering subjects like math, reading, writing, and public speaking.
- LearningExpress Career Center: a collection of web-based test preparation tools and skill-building materials for adults, covering subjects like learning about a career and preparing for an entrance or occupational exam
- LearningExpress College Center: a collection of web-based test preparation tools and skill-building materials for reviewing key college skills.
- LearningExpress College Preparation Center: a collection of web-based test preparation tools for the ACT, PSAT, and SAT as well as skill-building materials, including how to write a college admissions essay.
- LearningExpress High School Equivalency Center: a collection of web-based test preparation tools for the GED, HiSET, and TASC tests as well as skill-building materials, covering subjects like math, reading, and writing.
- LearningExpress Library: a collection of web-based test preparation tools and skill-building materials for children, teens, and adults.
- LearningExpress Popular Software Skills Center: a collection of web-based skill-building materials on today’s popular computer programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Windows and Mac operating systems.
- LearningExpress Recursos para Hispanohablantes: recursos para mejorar sus habilidades escritas, matemáticas, de leer, de ser ciudadano estadounidense, y más.
- LearningExpress School Center: a collection of web-based skill-building materials for K-12 students, including how to prepare for tests, boost current skills, and learn new ones.
Mango Languages is an easy to use and effective language learning tool focusing on everyday conversation. This program provides step by step lesson plans for many, many different languages (including learning English through English as a Second Language programs). Mango includes specialty, topical courses and non-English movies to help you practice comprehension.
Mango is easy to use and can work on any operating system and with any web browser; the Mango app is free.
OneClickdigital provides access to thousands of downloadable audiobook titles published by Recorded Books.
Helpful Hints & Links
• Get the correct OneClickDigital App (not the OneClickDigital eReader)
• The name of the library is Outagamie Waupaca Library System - Owlsnet; if you just start out by typing 'out' it will appear as a dropdown.
• Reset a forgotten password
*An internet connection is required to download and activate the game. Once downloaded and activated, games can be played while off-line
Browse and search for hundreds of downloadable audiobooks, music, eBooks, and videos. A total of 10 items may be checked out and 10 additional items placed on hold for a single account. (The Overdrive URL will contain '10/355' for the regular site; to force yourself to the Mobile Overdrive site, replace those numbers with '40/20'.)
HELP with Overdrive
- Be sure to download the correct App for your device (app for Nook Color & Tablet).
- When choosing your Library, use InfoSoup Libraries in the selection list.
- See InfoSoup's informational/search page on using eBooks in Overdrive.
- Overdrive Help: includes MyHelp, customized help for your computer or device in the form of a step-by-step wizard/tutorial to get you going with Overdrive Digital Download Center. The Device Resource Center will let you know if yours is compatible with Overdrive's ebooks, audiobooks, music, or videos. You can also take a look at some of the helpful videos in the Digital Books Tour.
- WI Digital Book Center FAQ (WPLC)... very frequently updated, includes extensive info with screen shots.
- APL has handouts to help you with your eReader, with specific instructions for a Kindle. (See links at bottom of this content area.)
- Transfer Overdrive holds to your new library card number. In the “describe your problem” section put in NEW card number (labeled as new) and old card number (labeled as OLD).
- Still having trouble with Overdrive? You can contact Support with a description of your situation.
Read magazines on your tablet or smartphone with your Infosoup library card. Many popular and specialty titles available. You will need to create a Zinio account with your library card number, an email address, and a password for the Zinio site.