2015 Tax forms are located on the main level of the Library, immediately west of the Information Desk and Audiobook shelves, and east of the Fiction shelves. (Info Desk: 920-832-6177)
- Tax forms and instructions are first-come, first-served; we cannot set aside documents for you.
- The WI Department of Revenue and the IRS only send an increasingly small number of select forms to us. However, you can access and print any state or federal forms from home, on a Library Catalog Computer, or with your Library Card number on a public internet computer. Printing at the library is 15 cents per print (black & white); a front-and-back printout is 30 cents.
- You can request the federal government to mail federal forms and booklets to you by filling out an online form or calling 1-800-829-3676.
- Tax forms and instructions that the Library obtains from the WI Department of Revenue and the IRS are for individual use and are not a source for tax preparers to take multiple copies.
* Appleton Public Library staff are not accountants or tax attorneys; they cannot provide tax assistance or advise you on which forms you need.
The tax help locator, linked to above, includes information on the AARP program, VITA, and TCE assistance.
AARP volunteers are available throughout the Fox Valley at various locations on various days. AARP volunteers will be using the Library's Lower Level Meeting Room on Tuesdays, February 2 - April 12. (Please note that the Post Crescent's article stating that AARP will be at APL on Mondays is not correct.)Call 920-215-1040 to make a morning appointment (9am to noon) at any of the locations, including APL.Walk-ins are welcomed at APL from 1-4pm.
Goodwill’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and electronic filing services to people whose household income (AGI) was under $62,000 in 2015.
VITA’s free tax services are conveniently offered at Goodwill's Menasha Campus at 1800 Appleton Road. Enter the building via the Community Campus Entrance #2 and follow the signs to the new location within the building.
VITA’s regular tax-season hours beginning January 28, 2016 are
- Call 920-968-6044 to schedule a time
- Tuesdays: 5–8pm
- Thursdays: 12:30–4:30pm (Starting in March)
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Jan 28 & February Only
- Saturdays: 8:00 a.m. - noon
Please allow a minimum of one-hour processing time prior to the VITA site’s closing times.
In addition to the VITA services in Menasha, Goodwill also offers free tax software via their website at www.filetaxes4free.org for persons who want to self-prepare and e-file their own federal and state returns.